Because sometimes adults need gummies too. Add a little fibre to these easy to make healthy gummy alternatives. Made with real fruit, low GI sweetener and of course happiGut™ prebiotic fibre. Another easy way to add a little fibre to your treats!
- 1 cup of puréed fruit
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup / honey or Yacon syrup (We used Yacon fruit syrup. it’s Low GI, and prebiotic from the Andes)
- 3 tablespoons of organic / grass fed Gelatin powder
- 2 teaspoons of happiGut™ whole plant prebiotic fibre
- Puree one cup of fresh or frozen berries in a blender. ( put the puree through a sieve if you wish to remove seeds from berries)
- In a pan, bring the juice and honey to a medium boil, ensuring the it is well blended.
- Stir in happiGut™ fibre and mix well. (It may seem undissolved but it blends well with a good result)
- Before it reaches a complete boil, add the gelatin one tablespoon at a time and mix in rapidly with a whisk until it is fully dissolved. Continue to add the additional tablespoons ensuring it dissolves and blends in.
- Pour into silicone candy molds or ice cube trays molds and place in refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes (ensure tray is on a flat surface)
- Enjoy these healthy treats without the guilt and a little extra fibre.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for freshness.